So where are all the "Save the Gulf" concerts?

Where are the T.V. Benefits with celebrities and musicians giving heart felt speeches on the poor fisherman, wildlife, beaches, loss of income and sabotaged gulf economy? I find it rather strange how these people (including our own government) are so quick to help Haiti and other countries, but sit on their butts for this one. Just the facts.

hisblueeyes

Asked by hisblueeyes at 3:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• BP is supposed to pay it all, not anyone else. That's why they won't have benefits. We have to hold the rich jerks responsible for it ALL.
    Anonymous

• sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Yeah I think people are still waiting for BP to step up like they should do.
    AutumnLybbie

Answer by AutumnLybbie at 4:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• GOOD QUESTION, OP!!! :o) Sure, BP is SUPPOSED to foot the bill for the clean up efforts, but WHEN will that be--a month or two from now, next year, 10 years from now?! What are the businesses and industry who DEPEND on a healthy gulf area going to do in the meantime?!

In the meantime, you'd THINK that the environmentalists, musicians and Hollywood elite would lend their names and talents to raising money for the PEOPLE currently affected by this disaster?! Or, are they all "holding out" because oil is a product they would be happy we learned to live without?!

If it's the latter, I hope they realize that in order to operate the turbines that ultimately generate electricity, process and package our foods and commercial products, and get said products to stores for consumers to purchase, plus so much more....you NEED oil/fossil fuels!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• These people are not going to see one sent from BP. They are already starting the process to put a cap on how much they will have to pay for this disaster. Of course, the government has no plans on helping either. The worse this gets, the better for the bleeding hearts to make their case against oil and natural gas. Never mind the fact that this accident was caused by severe negligence.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Why have them? PBO said today that the people and the environment are resilient and will rebound. Well, why help them then? Where was the help for the people in Nashville, TN after the devastating floods? You do know Nashville flooded in May don't you? It was a bigger loss than any other non-hurricane event.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• jesse, you made a great point! However BP is lieing! The earth can not handle things like this. You know nobody seems to realize that we are using dead animals for fuel! I also have a theory but most people don't want to hear it so I will keep my mouth shut!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• delilah: British Pretroleum (BP) didn't say it. PBO (President Barak Obama) said it today. I watched him being interviewed and that is what he said. The environmentalist are not happy about his lack of understanding of the extent of the issue. BP understands the issue. Our president doesn't.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ixdWGskDok3lqRETPcURWyrrk6nAD9G6HVRG0

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• LOL Sorry Jesse. OMG I feel like an idiot lol. Thank you for clearing that up for me. I may be all for leaving Obama alone but if he said that he's lieing. I don't care anymore who is president or what someone says. I think we should all live together as one but I know that is a child's dream(although I still am hopeful) However all politicians lie I think it's a job requirement.

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• BP understands the issue

No they don't. They went on tv and said they have to take care of their shareholders. and the CEO wants his life back....They don't understand or CARE about SHIT

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2010