are you staying with your childs father only for your child??

if so
what would tip the scales for you to leave and start a new life, could plan on joint custody, do not want to take my childs father out of my childs life, just do not know if I can pretend anymore, what to live a real life

he IS a pretty good dad
BUT
he is in no way meeting any of my needs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I have tried that before and it just didn't work out for me. Bless you and I hope that everything works out for you and yours.
    twdivine24

Answer by twdivine24 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Yes, I am. I am trying to find a good full time job that pays decent before I leave. However, if he keeps on yelling at me, putting me down, or degrades me one more time, I might just have to move in with my parents until I find another job.
    Anonymous

• I'm in your shoes, message me if you want.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• i was. i'm leaving now. i was trying to stay until i got a good enough job but i couldn't take him treating me like shit anymore. he expects me to do everything for him plus take care of our almost 8 month old son. he doesn't help me out at all. i got so stressed out that i missed my period because of him. i know i'm not pregnant because we don't have sex. he used to be good to me. now he's a completely different person. my son and i deserve better so i'm leaving. i have to live with my dad for a little while but it's actually alot better for us. now i will have a great babysitter so i can get a good job and i won't have to live with someone who doesn't deserve me. i have to wait til sunday to leave because that's when my dad can come get me. but i feel so relieved knowing i'm making a better life for my son and i. thankfully we aren't married so i don't have to do the custody crap. he just wants to visit him.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 8:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• from my experience your children won't be happy if you aren't either. so my suggestion is leave. you deserve to be happy. you shouldn't have to be with someone who doesn't make you happy. i know when i was young i wasn't happy when my mom dated losers and got beat on. she was unhappy and so was i. so do what you think is best for your family. it might be hard at first to leave and get divorced but you will be happy. good luck.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I'm staying with my child's father because I love him and he's my husband!!!
    Anonymous

• At first, that is why i stayed with my husband.... after we had our daughter he got bad ( always angry ) ... We would fight and I would think about leaving, it got better for a little bit, and then I got pregnant with our son... and he got soooo much worse..... I was coming up with plans of leaving ( were we would stay, how I could get full custody, etc)

Anyways i am glad to say that I stuck it out ( not that everyone should) and now 2 years later we are happier than ever...he treats me and the kids very good and has for awhile, it is almost like he was a different person back then
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 3:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I did for a long time, and then I fell in love with him. We are best friends, he is everything I need and want in a partner.

If you're just simply not happy, you need to find a way out, hopefully make it as "nice" as possible so you can remain friends with your ex.
    Anonymous

• sometimes i fell like i am. I know i love my husband but I don't know if i am IN-LOVE with him. some people say they understand the difference and some say you either love someone or don't. I don't know, what i do know is that he is a good man and a good dad. We do not fight and even when we get mad we just ignore each other for an hour and then everything goes back to normal. It is the passion that is gone and that "i cant live with out him feeling". Sorry i'm not much help if you figure it out let me know.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Hell no! If I ever got to the point where I didn't want to be with him, I wouldn't be. It's that simple. If I'm not happy, I can't make anyone else (including my kids) happy either.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2010