Do your kids tell u to stop yelling?

I try so hard not to yell but find myself doing it anyway... They ask why I tell them bc when I talk they don't seem to hear me and yelling seems to work for me I don't like it but damn what else can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• whisper. when they realize they can't hear you, they might be curious enough to shut up and try to listen to what you are saying.

it could work!
    Anonymous

• My daughter tells us to stop yelling, but no one is actually yelling. She has a sensory disorder and can not read someones tone of voice. You could just be telling her to do something or that you don't agree about something and she will say,
    "stop yelling at me". Kind of reminds me of cafemom. LOL
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 4:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I talk in a normal voice. They miss out on somethings because they don't hear me. My 4 y/o cries if I talk to loud because it hurts her ears so, I don't talk loud. My kids are quiet, usually. My sister yells all day long and her son is very loud.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2010