Losing a pregnancy because of PROM. Premature rupture of membranes

Has anyone else lost a pregnancy due to PROM? And if so, how long did it take you to get pregnant again? and did your next pregnancy go well or were you on bedrest? I only ask this because my last pregnancy ended at 20 weeks (2.11.09) due to PROM and we're deciding on trying again and I'm very nervous about it, so I wanted some advice from others.

PeytonsMom21109

Asked by PeytonsMom21109 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I totally thought you meant like High School Prom....I have no Idea what P.R.O.M is???
    Anonymous

• I don't have a clue what that is either...i thought you were talking about hs prom too. I was going to say..you shouldnt of had such a wild ass time. jk though. sorry to hear
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• She explains it in the question, wow how rude. I wonder how you two would feel losing your baby at 20 weeks pregnant?

I'm very sorry for your loss doll. I've only had one miscarriage at 13 weeks, and that was hard enough. I couldn't imagine getting to the point where you're picking names and finding out the sex. I wish I knew more about what happened to you or what it means for future pregnancies. Did your doctor give you any info? It might be something your body just does so you MAY have to be on bed rest, but I really don't know.
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I've had 2 miscarriages. so no, my next pregnancy did not go well. I don't think i waited long enough after my first. I was around 8 wks first time then 12 wks. My 3rd time being preg was successful. I'm sorry if i came off rude. I didnt notice what prom stood for till i went back to answers and read it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Your best bet is to talk with an OB before getting pregnant. You might be referred to maternal/fetal specialist, who is well trained in high risk pregnancies.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I had PROM, but it was at 36 weeks, so I was able to deliver. I'm sorry yours happened so early on! I agree with Crystal1124. Talk to an OB BEFORE trying to conceive so that you can get some ideas on why it happened and what you can do to prevent it from happening again.
    Anonymous

• My SIL did - around 17 weeks. Long story but she spent 2 days in the hospital in labor, only no one realized she was in labor, then she was discharged, didn't even get out to the parking lot and her water broke - so they couldn't stop her. She was told to wait a year before even attempting to get pregnant again. She waited 9 months (I think it was an oopsie though) but lost that baby before 7 weeks. It was actually just over a year ago when she lost the first baby, and back in Feb she had her miscarriage. She's been told though that she may not be able to sustain a pregnancy because her cervix is weird - her sisters all have hard times maintaining pregnancies too.
    Anonymous

• every situation is unique and its great to get opinions from people that have been there, but at the same time your body is different form everyone elses. Talk to your doctor. they can give you the best answer. you never know, you may be able to try right away, or they may want to do further testing on you. I am very sorry for your loss and I wish you the best of luck on your next pregnancy!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2010