I want to change OB

I really like my OB now, but b/c the hospital she's affiliated with is not that good, I recently heard a lot of bad reviews. I"m thinking of changing hospital, but then I have to change OB too right? What about all the tests that my OB did for me, they can transfer those info right? Idk what's the best way to do this, do I cancel all my appts and go with the new ob? What did you do? I'm sure i'm not the only one. I"m currently 14wks. Thanks in advance

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, she can trasfer info to new OB, shouldn't be an issue.
    Anonymous

• I asked my OB and He gave me a list of hospitals that he delivered at and that My insurance covered! It was a lot...you should be fine!!
    Anonymous

• Oh it's good you're doing this really early. You might ask her if she does things in other hospitals. If not, then ask her to recommend a good OB that's at a better hospital. All the tests and things should transfer over.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Even at a hospital you've heard rumors about, you are not "doomed" to have a bad birth experience, as long as you are aware of what they consider to be "standard procedure" and you have a doula or a birth partner who has your back.
    Your current dr might even have privileges at more than one hospital, so call the office and find out. Make sure your insurance is accepted where ever you want to switch to. You have a right to switch if you want to, and your medical records are not theirs to keep if you request to have them transferred. There might be a copy fee or something (I had to pay like $20 for my file to be copied and put on CD) to get them, but if you put a request in writing, they have to release the info to you.
    Anonymous

• I live in a small area so my OB can only deliver at one hospital. There are 2 OB's that deliver at my hospital and that is it. You may want to check with your doctor and please don't believe everything you hear about a hospital. We all have our own experiences and what one person has doesn't mean is what you will have. Talk to your OB about your concerns.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 4:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2010