Do you think it is OK for me to insist that my DH does not wear boxers due to his size?

He will wear shorts to go workout or cut the grass. The shorts are fine, they are in style and are quite long, but the material is flimsy. He wears boxers and he flops around. There is absolutely no support. I can even see his length or even the “head” sometimes. He says he is comfortable and everyone nowadays wears boxers. I told him that I am pretty well endowed and I cannot just run around in a little flimsy bra. (he’d probably like that.) He has to take more care because he is bigger. He embarrasses me.

Would I be overstepping my bounds or should I just let him be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Just let him be, chances are most people would not even notice. And if they do, it is because they are looking to and will not be shocked by it..
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Are you a Man?
    Anonymous

• I don't get it...Not wearing boxers would be less support. Are you suggesting he switch to briefs or something?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• well, you've tried telling him. I think the rest is up to him now.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I don't think you should tell him what to wear... I think if he is comfortable thats all that matters.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Tell him your concerns. See what he says. No harm.
    Anonymous

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I think you've voiced your opinion to him. Maybe you've planted a seed that will grow and he will decide to change. I don't think you should say more because he will take that as nagging and be even more inclined to resist your advice. If you leave it alone for a while maybe he will forget it was your idea and deal with it on his own.
    Anonymous

• Have you told him flat out that his dick is hanging out lol?
    -xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 4:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• One more thought....maybe let him think you are worried that he might injure himself somehow by letting it all hang out like that. Most men are pretty protective of their equipment, so maybe if he thinks he could injure himself he'll think differently about it. You can even stroke his ego and say, "with most men I wouldn't worry about this because it wouldn't be an issue, but since you are so well endowed I worry."
    Anonymous