summer heat

What are some ways that I can handle the heat better,I get really sick when I'm out in it for too long,even 80 degree heat bothers me. And I have fair skin and red hair and burn badly so I have to dress up like its winter and it sucks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Health

• Sun screen - wear light covers over your tanks. Wear a hat. Keep a spray bottle with cool water with you at all times. Make sure you stay hydrated - drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. And if all else fails, stay indoors! :-)
    Anonymous

• i'm a ginger too. sunscreen. a high spf and less clothes.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I don't have the red hair, but mine is blonde. I've got the fair freckled skin that burns really easy too. I wear at least a 30. I bought an umbrella with stand for my porch. I can sit under that while my kiddos play. Drink lots and lots of water. I'm thinking about getting on of those slightly bigger inflatable pools...Target has a 12' by 36" on sale for $89 this week!
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I have red hair too :)

I stay indoors during the heat of the day and always have a cool drink to sip on. I wear a hat and sunscreen when I do go out.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I have a heart condition, so I struggle with heat too. If I have to go out (groceries, other shopping) I go out first thing in the morning, if I can, or I wait til after dark. I wear as little clothing as possible, loose clothing...My favorites include tanks with built-in bras and gouchos (very loose capris). We consume a lot of fruit smoothies (frozen fruit & juice). I stay away from caffeine, spicy foods, dairy, anything that makes me feel crappy. We have central air, but we also have a lot of fans moving air around (ceiling, box, and stand). I cook as little as I can get by with, because I sweat when I cook no matter what time of year. We spend a lot of time at the pool - I'll be all the way in but not moving around much. If it's really bad, I'll sit directly in front of a fan and have my kids spritz me with water, or I'll rub ice cubes over myself, or soak my feet in ice water. And stay hydrated!!!
    Anonymous