Everyone is telling me im carrying as if im having a boy but the doctor said im having a girl?

I found out i was having a girl by a doctor who in my opinion was horrible, had no people skills, and laughed at me for letting him know the doctor i had been seeing said i had placenta previa. I am now seeing another doctor who is amazing but he hasnt done an ultrasound to see or say if im having a girl or not. im so nervous ive already had one baby shower and now i have another next weekend... everryyooneee has been told that we are having a girl but everyone is now saying theres no way im carrying as if im having a boy?? please tell me its okay and im having a girl lol

meagenmalynn

Asked by meagenmalynn at 4:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • I can't tell you what you are having but I can tell you how you carry has NOTHING to do with the gender of your baby. But people ALWAYS chime in and feel the need to tell you. I carried each of my 4 babies differently and ALL are girls.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 4:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• There is a small percentage that the doc could be wrong. I doesn't matter how you carry a child. I carried high with one and low with the other and they were both boys! If the doc said you are having a girl then I think it's pretty safe to paint the room pink (so to speak) and buy lacy bloomers! lol Good luck!
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I was told with my first I was carring low and was going to have a boy. I did not listen to them. The only way to know is and ultrasound(if they are even right) bu tthe ultimate best way is for baby to come. There are so many wives tales out there and you will get so many different opionons.
    Anonymous

• thank youuu!! :)
    meagenmalynn

Answer by meagenmalynn at 4:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I would definitely NOT listen to them. I carried both of my children "low" and gained the same amount of weight and such with both.. And one was a boy, and one was a girl, lol. Just go with the ultrasound hun.. Good luck and congrats!!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Yeah, I was told all the time, I carried my 1st like I was having a girl....along came my son. How you carry is based on your body, not whether you have a boy or girl
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 4:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I agree with everyone else... Im carrying my girl the same exact way I carried my son. (well at least the ultrasound showed that its a girl lol)
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• The way you CARRY a baby has nothing to do with the sex of the baby. If that was true, I would have had three boys ...but I had two girls and a boy.
    That is so silly!!! Don't buy into those old fashioned "Old Wives' Tales".
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• how you carry has NOTHING to do w the gender of your baby. its an oldwives tale, nothing more.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 6:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• everyone swore i was having a boy!! my aunt has told everyone in our family what they are having until me she told me i needed to go back to the doctor! i had 3 dif doctors tell me it was a girl before she saw me. everyone i worked w and that my husband worked with swore i was having a boy but i had a beautiful little girl!!
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2010