Big Boy Bed

Last night was the first night for our son in his new big boy bed (toddler bed). He slept all through the night and woke up as normal- "oooooh mommy." He took a nap a usual this afternoon and not that I am hating that it is going so well, I am just wondering if it is going to get worse, or could it really be this easy? I was so paranoid going to sleep last night-I could just see him getting out of bed and into something or not even sleeping at all. He is just doing so well, I am surprised.

HuskerMommy08

Asked by HuskerMommy08 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son had a problem the first week, but it was hardest the 1st night! Maybe it will just be that easy for you! Congrats if it is!! lol
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Sometimes I think it is harder for the parents than the kids. My son loved his big boy bed. I was so stressed about him sleeping in his bed. I would lay down with him at night and have the monitor on so I could hear him. I'd check on him frequently (sometimes waking him up). Just babyproof the room (plug covers, special boxes on the outlets you have something pluged in to, no long cords. . . ) and try to enjoy the sleep.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• When my son transitioned from crib to toddler bed, it was like there was no difference. I thought for sure the first easy nights were just lucky, but there wasn't ever a problem... until he was 3 1/2 and decided naps weren't his thing... but that's a different story!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I think it depends on the kid. My oldest boys did just fine. Youngest boy, however, still frequently ends up in my bed. If it's that easy, great for you! :)
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 5:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

•  It was easy with my son. He was more then happy to go into his big boy bed and sleep. My daughter is still in her crib and has been sleeping in her own room,alone,for four days now. I'm so happy. If she keeps it up we are buying her own new big girl bed. No more sleeping in the pack n' play by my bed like before.

I think that it all depends on the child. My son was easy. No issues at all. My daughter fought me tooth and nail. She's almost two in a half years old and has only spent four nights in a row in her own room without me in there sleeping next to her.lol!

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2010