is similac a good formula for newborns.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Bring on the bf nazis! yes hon,it is
    Anonymous

• Go with Parents Choice. It's half the price and the same ingredients.
    Anonymous

• They are all the same.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 4:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• too funny, anon lol!! I couldn't use similac with my 1st...it gave him such a tummy ache. I used Isomil (Target brand...same exact ingredients half the price). I nursed my 2nd til 10 mths and then switched him to similac and he did fine.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Bfing IS the best option but otherwise, you may have to try out a few different ones to see what works best. My first two were FF and we used good start. They didn't do well with the enfamil the hospital provided us with.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 5:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• my son was on similac advance earlysheild, the ready made bottles for the whole first yr of his life. i had no problems, thats what they started him on in the NICU at the hospital when he was first born, and it says its formulated to be more like breast milk.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Formula is made to be acceptable for every baby, but therefore it is perfect for none of them.
    They have been trying for decades to make formula "more like breastmilk" but none of them are as good. Why waste all that money on something inferior?
    Anonymous

• I wish people would stop with the BF nazi crap.

I breastfeed and I obviously would recommend it but I'm not nasty about it. If I had to use a formula I'd likely go with Baby's Only by Nature's One. In any case, since all formula tries to be breastmilk you just have to trial out formula until you find one that your baby can tolerate. Some babies do not do well on formula, and some need to have the partially-digested types. I personally, look for more than digestibility, I don't trust certain manufacturing practices.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I would breastfeed. If I couldn't (I had to have chemo or my breasts were cut off) I would dubs donor milk or get milk from the website milkshare. If I couldn't do that I would go with the the Baby's Only by Nature's One. It is the best of the formula and if my baby wasn't getting breastmilk I would want it to get the best formula. I would probably cry every bottle I gave. Formula is so different from breastmilk and it has lifelong developmental and health impacts on your child. Breastfeeding is the best gift you can ever give your child.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I preferred the smell of Enfamil better, but basically Similac and Enfamil are both the same

Answer by missanc at 5:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2010