How many Hepatitis A vaccinations did your child have to get?

I am taking both of my children to the Doctor Wednesday for well checks. My son (2.5yrs) has already received 1 Hepatitis A shot and I am pretty sure that they told me he had to get another one next visit. But, when I was reading over the shot paper I was given it looks like there is only 1 dose...so I am a little confused. I have to really prepare myself for these visits and this is the first time I am taking both my babies in together. I stress out and worry and i absolutely hate the whole thing...

OBImomma

Asked by OBImomma at 5:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• None

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• do you mean B? my son got 1 in the hospital only

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• no my kids pediatricians office gives a Hep A vac. around age 2
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 5:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• None... not A or B. I don't have Hep B so I would NEVER let them give a Hep B shot to my one day old! It's a sexually transmitted disease, you can get it from sex, or dirty drug or tattoo needles. If I'm clean then my baby doesn't have anything to worry about, she's not having sex, getting tattooed, or shooting up lol. And I'm not worried about blood transfusions either, they test for that!
    Anonymous

• According to the CDC Immunization Schedule 2010, children should get two doses 6 months apart after 12 months of age.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/downloads/child/2010/10_0-6yrs-schedule-pr.pdf

Of course you can refuse if your child isn't at risk of getting Hep A.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2010