Would you continue to see a thearpist if she...

Seemed completely distracted at your last session last session? This was my experience my last session. I have been seeing her for several years so I am thinking about just continuing to go,since I know this is not how she usually is. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Health

• I'd continue to go. Therapists have lives too so maybe something was bothering her. If she acts like that again though I'd say something to her.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I would try a few more sessions. If the problem continues find a new therapist. If not, continue to see her.
    mommyofJames512

Answer by mommyofJames512 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I'd go back and ask if she was ok in our last session. I agree that if it continues, I'd find someone else

Answer by admckenzie at 5:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I had one texting once...... he kept saying while he was doing it "you have my complete attention, I can hear every word you're saying" ...... there should be support, eye contact, etc....... find a new one
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I would talk to her about it...call her out and see how that goes.
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2010