how do i go about finding my daughter that i gave up for adoption 24yrs ago?

crystalbear

Asked by crystalbear at 7:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Adoption

• Find Your Adopted Child
    Learn How To Find Your Birth Child.
    Amazing Results--Start Now!
    www.OmnITrace.com
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Finding Adopted Child
    Locate your biological child today.
    Instant online results from $9.95.
    www.USSearch.com
    vbruno

• You shouldn't have gave away your child and I know that you loved her but how could u do this to her?
    Mom-o-Matic4567

Answer by Mom-o-Matic4567 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• okay first mom-o-matic chill out I'm sure she had her reasons, second really think about doing that, she/he might not want to be found, it could really distrupt their life to have you reenter it. I'm sorry but you kind of gave up the right to be in their life when you gave them up, but if you decide to do it, try to hire a PI, they usually handle that sort of thing, and just make sure to contact their parents before the child b/c you could end up in a lot of trouble
    Anonymous

• ps- i didnt mean legal trouble just more like a "sticky situation"
    leah2113

Answer by leah2113 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• You could use peoplefinders . Thats how I found my uncle . She could be looking for you too . A child who has been adopted alomost always has questions about where they came from . You should def try I hope it works out for you
    angeleyesm

Answer by angeleyesm at 1:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• join an adoption search and support group. I have a state by state listing. They will know where, and how to gather info- such as non-id. do not hire anyone to search for you without a NO FIND- NO FEE policy......and always ask around for recommendations from other triad members who have used them.
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 9:09 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• You should try calling the agency that helped you along the way. They'll be able to help you hopefully. But there could be a chance that either that person doens't know that they're adopted or doesn't even want to find you him/her self. I know that's every woman's nightmare when thinking about the child that you put up for adoption. But like I said, try the agency. They may beable to help you find him/her or atleast try to set up a meeting with the adopted parents to talk with them and try to see if the person is willing to see you or not. I hope this helps.
    MuttMom110505

Answer by MuttMom110505 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I found my bmom 12 years ago. There are a lot of adoption registries on the internet. I filled in my information in 3 of them, and I had a phone call the next day. She was looking for me, too, or this wouldn't have happened so quickly, and maybe not at all.

Many register with ALMA, some mothers leave a letter in the file at the placement agency to be given to the child if he/she searches after age 18. I would try both of these if I were you.

If she's 24, chances are she is very connected with myspace, facebook, etc. Post a profile there with all of the information you can regarding her adoption. If she's looking, she WILL find you.

Make it possible, even remarkably easy for her to find you. Let her come to you. If she isn't looking, she isn't ready yet.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• If your birth daughter wants to meet you she will find you. It's not fair to her or her parents for you to go looking for her, you will be interupting her life. She will find you if she wants to
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2008