34 Weeks pregnant and found a blood clot in my panties...

Just went to the hospital on Friday and they checked with a speculum to see if I was dialating (which I wasn't) but I ended up spotting for two days. It finally stopped but then today I find a blood clot in my panties. It's dark red.

Should I tell my doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes I would.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Probably should ask your OB... but it might just be "bloody show" you're getting pretty close...
    Anonymous

• Spotting can be normal, but a clot should be checked out right away. If it really was a clot, a big chunk the size of an egg, then I'd go to labor and delivery right away. If it was small, then i'd call your OB right away.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:41 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I did and they just told me to rest until I see him, which is tomorrow.
    Anonymous

• If you're ever really concerned and your OB brushes you off, go to L&D anyhow. A friend of mine lost her daughter at 35 weeks because the ob told her it was "nothing" over the phone. Better safe than sorry!!!
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 7:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• All I can do is tell you what I would do and that is go to L&D.

I've had 2 births where severe bleeding was an issue so IM experience blood clots aren't good.
    Anonymous

• Just relax like your OB told you and watch til you see him tomorrow. No need to rush to the hospital.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2010