Need help with my employer...

I am a nanny to a 3 year old, 2 year old, and a 7 month old baby. I go to thier house daily to watch the kids. Problem is their house is DISGUSTING! When I first started working there I used to clean as much as possible but after awhile I gave up cuz the next day it's back to being a mess. You cannot see the floors in the living room or dining room. The kitchen counters are overflowing with junk and dirty dishes. They also have 2 dogs that are not house broken so they pee and poop in the house and because it's already so dirty you may not find it right away and usually it's near the kids toys. The baby is not mobile yet but I am terrified of the day when she can. I am already 7 months pregnant with high blood pressure and my blood pressure is through the roof when I work because it is so disgusting. What should I do? I make AMAZING money so I can't quit but I don't know what to do anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Personally, I'd call CPS. That is not a healthy environment for children...or a pregnant woman...to be in. If CPS chose to get involved, they'd most likely tell the parents that if they don't clean it up, they'll take the kids. Hopefully that would be enough to get them to straighten it up. You may not even end up losing your job if they don't know it's you that called. It's your decision though...I'm just letting you know what I'd do.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Thing is they would know it was me. They never have company over unless it's their parents.
    Anonymous

• First of all your Health is more important. You need to take care of yourself. Is there anything else you can do, another job until you have your baby? Have you ever thought about working from home? I work from home and I LOVE it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my almost 3 year old son, and 15 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 7:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• So you want your cake and eat it too? Figure out what's more important, the money or your health
    Anonymous

• You'd subject yourself and those innocent children to such conditions because you make good money? I understand the difficulty in finding work, and in finding work that pays well, but how can you sleep at night knowing how those children are living? If they pay you so well maybe they should hire a housekeeper and ask relatives to babysit.
    Anonymous

• I would call CPS, the house sounds unlivable. Your health is also more important than money.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I would tell them your concerns. Tell them it is unhealthy not only for you but their own children. Tell them if they want to pay you extra to clean that is one thing, otherwise they need to look into a cleaning service. There is no excuse if you clean for it to be a huge disaster the next day....it is a health issue. Call protective services and explain the situation without naming names and ask what their protocall is in these situations. Good luck to yo.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2010