• In the Spotlight:

I hear some women say they only pushed (as in labor) for 5 or so minutes. Does this mean they are not as vaginally tight as other women?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Health

• No, it means they had precipitous labor.
    okhsmom

Answer by okhsmom at 7:30 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Could also mean then are vaginally stronger!!

Anonymous

• It means they pushed when their body was ready and not before. It also means that they were effective pushers and were likely in a good labor position.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• It means they're really lucky. I was pushing forever!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 7:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• stronger vaginal muscles and position and the labor and pregnancy itself, with my first i pushed 3 times my second i pushed 20 min
    Anonymous

• They probably had stronger contractions and their cervix/uterus/vaginal muscles are in better shape so their pushes were more effective (more kegels!!!). The position a woman is "allowed" to be in during pushing can affect how long they have to push to birth the baby. Positsions on all fours and squatting often are faster for delivery because it's more natural than laying on their back with legs in stirrups. Having someone hold legs up and count to 10 during pushes is really the worst way to birth and it makes everything take longer.
    Anonymous

• I always say that I am a mighty fine Pooper LOL. Since that is the way you are supposed to push. With both my girls I had an easy time with the pushing I was on my back with my legs pulled up and just pushed with all my might. With my 1st daughter I only pushed 2 times and I had the epidural, with my 2nd I went natural and pushed a total of 3 times, they had a 3 lb difference between both of them also.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I had a drug-free delivery; I am as tight as I was before I got pregnant. My body was well prepared for childbirth.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Nope, doesn't mean that at all. I only pushed twice. My vagina is freakishly tight still. I just waited until he was almost on his way out to push and I was an effective pusher.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• do you think a woman that had sex with over 50 men and is really lose the baby just walks out? LOL!!!
    Anonymous