UTI's after sex?

Since I started having sex, I have found if I have it more than twice a week, I get a UTI. Its like anytime at all we do it more often, I'm screwed. We take showers before and after, I do the whole pee right after sex thing, take cranberry tablets all the time, and still get them. Is this something I should go to the gyno for, or to my family doctor? and is there anyone else in this situation or anyone who has any advice? Its like every month I'm having to go to the doctor to get on antibiotics for this :( thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Health

• Some of us are just more prone to UTIs than others. The lifesaver I have found is Cystex. If I take two Cystex tablets when I have sex, I don't get UTIs. I also take 4 cranberry softgels. I used to get them constantly, and the cranberry helped, but it didn't prevent them completely, no matter when I have sex. Also if I feel any sort of discomfort, I take a couple of Cystex with a big glass of water and I'm fine. This has been working for me for over a year now. Drugstore.com has the best price and the biggest bottle.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• When I was sexually active I had to take one antibiotic pill after having sex to prevent infection. You can talk to your doctor about this or ask to see a urologist.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• So you pee right after. And I mean right after? Not an hour or 8 after? Do you wipe from front to back?
    A long time ago I was having a lot of UTI's. The doctor told me to wipe from front to back and pee right after sex. I stoped having UTI's.

Answer by louise2 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Gailll, I used to do that too. I took one Macrobid pill every time I had sex. It didn't work for me though.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2010