Leap Frog tag reader is it worth buying?

I wanna buy it for my 6 year old. Can anyone explain how it works please?

faithful78

Asked by faithful78 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• its really a pain in the ass because you have to upload the stories onto the pen from the computer.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• so you go out and buy these books thinking its that easy and then you have to go thru the trouble of uploading...big waste of money for us.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• the leapster is good. you buy the games and play them. they just plug the games into the leapster and play. They have really nice learning games with words and math. My son loves it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I love it! My daughter is 3.5 and has it, it was her favorite toy for about 2months, constantly using it. Now she uses it a couple times a week maybe...
    If a child loves reading & cant read themself, or is trying to learn to read I think it is great!
    You buy the tag pen, you buy the books.. Load books onto tag pen through computer & then child can use.
    Each book your kid touches a word & it says it, or it can touch the page & it will read the entire page, it will also play mini games that has stages or if you touch certain things it will make sounds (a door will creak, a character will say a line from the story).
    Also when your kid reads the pen takes in info & when u plug into ur computer u can see how ur child is doing on the games. and kid can get points for free games on the tag site from using the tag pen...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2010