Wine and breastfeeding

Hi I am in the mood to have a small glass of Arbor Mist flavored wine about 5 oz. My son is almost 8 mos and is solely breastfed. I was wondering others thoughts about if I can have a glass and still pump the milk. Or does it need to be thrown out? I am a lil concerned but he is sensitive to everything, so he cannot have too much food and no formula. I just need a lil something different. Any advice.

Prican91181

Asked by Prican91181 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that's fine, drink the glass after or while nursing him. my daughter is 7m ebf and i have a glass of wine with no worries.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• i wouldn't pump it either
    staciandababy

• Sober enough to drive, sober enough to nurse. No need to pump.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 8:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• You dont need to pump and dump...the truth is if you...after your babies last feeding you can have a drink..or 2 and as long as you are not tipsy your baby will have no effects...it takes an hour to metabolize 1 drink 8oz......enjoy...I did a lot of research..lol
    Anonymous

• as long as your not tipsy when you feed your baby..your baby will have no effects
    Anonymous

• What they said :)
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Alcohol filters out of your breastmilk like it does your blood. As of last year (when I was BFing) there was no reason to pump and dump.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Enjoy your glass of wine. Or two. Any more then 2, I would recommend waiting 2-3 hrs per drink before nursing again.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 8, 2010