Does Demon always mean evil? Does Angel always mean good?

or is it all just perception?

I mean, if a demon cures a cancer ridden child, is he really evil? What about when an angel kills, are they still good?

This is what happens when I watch TV... lol

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes, it does
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Nothing in life is ever so black and white....so I'd say no:)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I would so no as well
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• that would be like naming a black person Bob and a white person Tyrone

WHAT? Oh and for the record I've known a white guy named Jamal and a black guy named Chris. Though I'm not sure how racial background and names are similar in this context.

It is all perception. "Angel and demon" are not indicators of good and evil. It is the action and reasons behind the action that determines if one is good or evil.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• lol you are like me Sabrina haha! I start watching something and the wheels start turning lol! I think it is all on what fits for that person or belief.
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Actually, I see Angels as just a "higher" being, but not Gods. And I see demons as "lesser" beings than us. We are somewhere in the middle. So I don't see Angels as "good" or Demons as bad or evil. Just higher and lower... more pure and less pure... But not so black and white as good and evil.

Generally when I relax my brain enough for any period of time - this is what happens! lol

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• demons can't cure cancer. demons ARE the angels of Hell so it's just words
    Anonymous

• Anon, why can't demons cure cancer?

And if you are of the mind that Demons are Angels, then your answer to the question would be a NO? They are one in the same? Then why can't demons cure cancer? Or don't you believe Angels can either?? I need a little clearing up there...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• One thing I find interesting regarding Angels and Demons is that angels are often depicted as being beautiful and pleasing to the eye, dressed all in white, etc. However demons are supposed to be ugly and dark due to their deceitful nature. Wouldn't it make more sense for the demons to be beautiful thus making you believe you can trust them and fulfilling the deceit as opposed to ugly and making you want to run away or distrust them.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• The message I have gotten from Yahweh is this: Demons are fallen angels of rebellion and they are the cause for suffering in this world. Angels have been used as messengers for Yahweh, and they always help in sitiuations. Yahweh is the only one who can heal, either straight from him or through people by his Holy spirit. Blessings...

I have found many people get their facts from television, and that is where a lot of confusion is deistributed. The author of confusion is no other than the d-vil.

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2010