Applying mascara and eyeliner

I am almost 30 and i've only ever put eyeliner on my bottom lids. I would like to try putting it on my top lid and using mascara. I am looking for a few tips so i don't put it on wrong and look silly. Thanks

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 8:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I actually only ever wear it on my top. I don't wear any on my bottom. Lining in your bottom lid actually makes your eyes look smaller, which actually ages you. Just put a nice, line across the top and do a little smudging to soften it and you're good.
    Anonymous

• I am 30 years old, and I only JUST realized that mascara looks way better if you only put it on in the corners of the top lids.

If you are going to put liner on you top lid, trace the eye lash line and only go about 1/3 or 1/2 the way up, don't go all the way around. That's what the lady who did my make up for my wedding day told me anyway... She didn't tell me about the mascara though, had to figure that gem out for myself! LOL!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• everyones eyes are different. I feel like i look like a hooker with it on top so i only put a little on the bottom. My sister is able to get away with using some on top and on bottom. It all depends on the shapes of your eyes i guess. Just play around with it and you will figure it out.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• do you want it on your lid or the lining of your eye? lid is easy, liquid works easier for the top. if you want it on the lining, make sure you use pencil and is sharpened and no sharp pieces sticking out. i just look up and draw it in on the lining of my eye. it is easy if you kind of close oyur eye and do it.

when applying mascara, applying at the root and kind of move the stick side to side a little bit. then do the ends of your lashes. it make them look fuller
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• i would NEVER put mascara on 1/4 of my eye lashes. it may be noticeable depending on your eye type. you can always try googling your eye shape and then youtube how to apply eye liner and mascara to fit that shape! :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Try all these different tips and take a picture each day, then you can see them all at the same time and make a decision about what looks good on you.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• file:///C:/Users/Leslie/Pictures/n866165462_5754697_402.jpg

I put it all around. My eyes are huge though..I can get away with it. LOL

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I disagree with Anonymous 8:16 I've been a licensed esthetician/makeup artist for 32 years. I only wear liner on the lower lids - I don't look older either.
    Smudge the liner around the outer corners to make the eyes appear larger. Only wear mascara on the upper lashes.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 9:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I am almost 39 yrs old, and I wear eye liner on the top, I usually wear a brown eye liner a lot of the time.  I finally got a smudge brush to smudge my eye liner, Oh I love it!  If you want a little color on your lower lid, take some of the darker eye shadow you are wearing with a medium shade you are wearing (together on your smudge brush) press and wiggle the smudge brush along the lower lid.  Oh and ever since I was younger I've taken a dark shadow and gone over my eye liner on the top eye lid to help set it better, and soften it at the same time.  

Amie35

Answer by Amie35 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2010