What are the best Baby shoes for a 7 month old baby to help her legs to crawl and walk?

My granddaughter is 7 months old and I am wanting to know what are the best baby shoes to put on her now that she is almost starting to crawl and standing up?

JamiesMom08

Asked by JamiesMom08 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Bare feet are the best. She'll be able to feel what her feet are doing and it will be easier for her to learn and maneuver.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 4:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2008

• Go to a shoe store. My mom works at one and got her some I think they were called 'first walkers'. They are amazing, enough support and they don't trip over them when they walk.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2008

• AFTER FIVE OF THEM....I'D SAY THE BEST ONES ARRE THE ONES GOD GAVE THEM - IF WEATHER PERMITS - IF NOT THE SOFT LEATHER - ALL OVER - THEY HAVE AT BABIES R US ARE GREAT!!
    micahlove

Answer by micahlove at 4:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2008

• Bare feet are best for learning balance and such.... that said I used Robeez. They are soft leather moccasins and *so* adorable. They are better then socks (traction from the leather and they have elastic tops so they don't pull off easily)... and they still allow the baby to use her foot without greatly restricting movement.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 5:11 PM on Sep. 26, 2008

• Barefoot is best! Once they have the whole walking thing down, soft flexible shoes like Robeez and Pedipeds (my fav!) are good.
    ivansmom07

Answer by ivansmom07 at 5:46 PM on Sep. 26, 2008

• In the house, we do barefeet. When chilly, we use sox with treads. I also used to put the Robeez on my daughter and my son has Pedipeds, but he never got to wear them.
    Moniquemarie1

Answer by Moniquemarie1 at 6:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2008

• Robeez! I know babies should have bare feet, but that isn't always practical. Robeez have soft leather soles that are perfect for their little feet to move around in. But if baby wears them outside, they get ruined pretty fast. I've also heard that Stride Right just came out with a line of shoes for "new walkers." They have really soft, pliable rubber bottoms so that baby can still manipulate the ground with his/her tiny feet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2008

• Yes! Robeez are the best!
    christina100

Answer by christina100 at 10:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2008

• Thank all of you so much for all of your suggestions !
    JamiesMom08

Answer by JamiesMom08 at 10:41 AM on Sep. 28, 2008