Don't you think.....

That If we all held the idea that we ALL carry a light within us, of peace and beauty, instead of "evil" darkness, I think we could make some major changes in this world? That if we all embraced our humanity, flaws and all and worked towards making ourselves better people by fanninig the flame of light, instead of bowing down to the thought that we are born "sinful", we could make better strides towards loving each other?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 8:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well I think so, but I'm a natural born optimistic. I guess some others are jsut born pessimistic and prefer to focus on the negative aspects instead, though I'll never understand why!

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• If we all could that would be wonderful. Unfortunatly that's hard at times. There will always be that one person that will push your buttons.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• It'll never happen....but it's a nice thought. There has to be opposition in all things. What is good without evil? What is happy without sad?...
    Anonymous

• "It'll never happen....but it's a nice thought. There has to be opposition in all things. What is good without evil? What is happy without sad?... "

LOL, this is exactly what I am talking about. I think we too easily accept this idea. How could we possibly know we can't have happy without sad, when we never even try!!
    I think it's entirely possible and not just a nice thought!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• You know, I got swept up in the debates before and I realized it wasn't worth it. We can all be happy with what we believe in. Faith is personal as I have always said. I myself am writing a book on my faith and what I believe and if others choose to follow then so be it but I won't demand it. I am so happy now that I realize that I am me, you are you and we live in the same world but also know that what I believe is all on me :)
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• . I myself am writing a book on my faith and what I believe and if others choose to follow then so be it but I won't demand it.

I've considered doing this and have about 3 sentences into a notebook of mine on it. Yeah I don't think I'll get much further. Do you need someone to read through your rough draft to check spelling, punctuation, and give opinions on where you need to clarify your beliefs?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I'm a strong believer in seeing the inner worth and humanity in every person, in seeing the divine light in every soul. When you do that, you can't help but to love them....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• We do. Each and every one of us carry equal parts good and evil. It all comes down to free will, and which side we choose to use, which part of us we choose to show. For some, it's easier than others to be "good" and for others it's easier to be "evil" but I don't think that means that one is less or more of either side, just that we have chosen - for whatever reason - to become one over the other... In the end it all comes down to choice and free will...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Kristi that woudl be awesome :)
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I think a good bit of it comes down to training as well. We are all trained from childhood on HOW to think. For some this means learning to think negatively. It's something I struggle with every day. I grew up in a home where NOTHING was good enough because nothing was perfect... So now I have a hard time finding my cup half full at all... But unlike many I am reteaching myself how to think. It's a hard and long process but it will be very worth it in the long run. For those who are further gone than me when they grow up or that don't see their own flaws or that have sever mental issues getting in the way it's easy to see how someone can choose the "dark side" over the light. Because from the time they could walk, dark is all they have known.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2010