My doctor said this???

I went to the doctor today as I am 31 weeks pregnant and have been having a ton of braxton hicks contractions. She said if the baby did try to come at 36 weeks she would do nothing to stop it. That sound fine with me as I do want to see my baby and I am uncomfortable but is that healthy for baby to come that early??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes their lungs aren't mature enough, but at 36 weeks they usually are. Another issue they worry about is a baby's sucking reflex, sometimes they have issues with it at 36 weeks and will need a tube to help them get enough food.

Uncomfortable is just part of pregnancy and it's best to hope that they're in there until they are fully ready to be born. The end sometimes seems like forever, but you won't be pregnant forever, even if it does seem that way. ;o)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• because its possible you could be further along than you thought.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Mine came at 36 weeks, and she was fine. My nurses and the midwife worried that her lungs might not be good enough because she was so small, but luckily she was healthy.
    Anonymous

• 36 weeks and on they don't try to stop labor because the lungs are fully developed by then.
    Anonymous

• Normally at 36 weeks, they won't stop it. Normally, babies born at 36 weeks and on are fine.. But the amount of Braxton Hicks doesn't necessarily mean that you will go into labor soon.. Remember that.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I am 32 weeks and have had horrible bh since week 16... and know there are some days they wake me right up and I know it's gonna be a bad day with them... yesterday woke up to them being 5 min apart then finally started slowing down after a while...
    Anonymous

• I went at 36 weeks too..
    halleyquinn

Answer by halleyquinn at 9:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• MY twins came at almost 36 weeks and were fine. DS had some respiratory issues the first night, and spent it in the NICU, but they came home the day after me. At 36 weeks, lungs are usually very well developed, so it is safe to deliver. Plus you may be further along than your EDD.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• meant to say "EDD says"...just to clarify LOL!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Well 37 weeks is considered full term and most 36 weekers have little to no issues and the thought is that the drugs used to stop labor could do more harm then letting them be born. Or so my midwife says.
    Anonymous