What would you do?

So, my MIL is visiting from out of town and since this morning she's been sick...throwing up. Now all of a sudden she says she feels fine, yet she keeps trying to pick up and kiss my 9 month old son. I'm getting really upset! Do I just tell her no, even though she insists it was something she ate? I'm not entirely convinced it's not contagious, and I'm freaking out inside. I'm a bit paranoid about illnesses anyways, and I'm finding it a little rude that she'd expose him to something. What would you say or do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• well, shes already done it. did she fly? maybe she was a lil jet lagged and sick from that. I wouldve said something for sure though. I wouldve kindly said "he just got over a little cold and i know you say you're not sick but i really dont want to take any chances so could you please just not kiss around the mouth until you are absolutely sure you arent coming down with something."
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• If she was at your house for any length of time prior to throwing up, she probably passed it on to all of you anyway if it wasn't food poisoning. Your son is exposed to just as much if you let him touch your keys, a shopping cart, etc. Chances are he will be fine and it will be a boost for his immune system in the future.
    Anonymous

• I think people have to have NO symptoms or NO fever for at least 24 hours to be considered not contagious...and even then germs are still on stuff everywhere. I would be mad as hell....but my MIL wouldn't do that...she'd keep her distance or at least not be kissing on the kids!
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first anon. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2010