Everytime I sit in the OB's office I wonder......

how the hell they do thier job? Seriously...wouldn't it be totally gross to have to look at women's crotches all day long? Not to mention there are some older women that come in, obviously....and some women that really smell bad. I just don't know how they do it!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Health

• i know a lady that was an assistant in a ob/gyns office and she said one time a woman came in claiming to have STRONG odor down there and pain turned out she put a tampon in there and had sex and forgot about it for a few weeks. they took it out and she said it smelled so bad in the room that they had to clear it out for a few days until the odor was gone in the room PUKE!!throwing up

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• rolling on floor

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 8:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• yep, lots of women are there because of yeast infections, STDs, etc. Gross.
    On a similar topic, what makes a person in med school choose something like podiatry or colonoscopies for their specialty? Ick.
    Anonymous

• They get paid really good so they dont care.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I have thought of that too! eww I know I couldnt do it!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• It's all in a day's work for them. I worked in an OB/GYN office for several years and I swear the doctors could yank out fermented tampons, do STD workups, colpos, PAPS, eat lunch and get back to business. I never remembered too much about each patient we say. I do remember one time when I assisted with a PAP, the doctor flung vaginal discharge in my direction and it hit my scrubs. It was pretty gross.
    Anonymous

• OMG that is gross, but that is what I wanted to go to school for
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:08 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• i'm going to school to be a medical assistant and i hope to work in an ob/gyn office, i want to do it because i want to be able to work with pregnant women and see them all the way through their pregnancies, and then afterward when they bring in their new babies : ) i don't really mind the other stuff, i mean, stuff happens...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 AM on Jun. 8, 2010