Can anyone give me a little light at the end of the tunnel????

I've got 3 kids under the age of 3 and 1 on the way! Does life get better when the kids are in school and you have somewhat of a life back???? I just want time to do something other than watch kids, cook, and clean. I feel so trapped at times. Can anyone sympathize with what i'm going through????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Oh my goodness!! you poor thing, of course I sympathize!!! yes it does get somewhat better when they start going to school, you will have a few hours during the day to do your thing. but as they get older you will have all of them going through puberty together and that is a much worse than any needy toddler!!!!!

Answer by older at 9:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Yes I have felt that way. The only advice I can give is for you to give all of your frustrations and troubles to Yahweh [who you know as G-d] in prayer. He will help you. Hang in there! Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• are you catholic sweetie? Why do you guys keep having kids if you're already at the end of your rope?
    Anonymous

• Some choices are life changing, like having kids. Didn't you think this through? And not to be mean but Yahweh lets millions of kids starve to death every year on this planet, don't count on him to help you out. You have to make smarter choices my dear. :)
    Anonymous

• I'm not overwhelmed by the amount of kids I have. I love my children. And I couldn't help that I had twins the second time I got pregnant.
    I'm not catholic. I'm not at the end of my rope...you act like i'm going to kill myself lol
    Anonymous

• I wished I could say it gets better when they start school but it really doesn't. You have a whole new set of things to do and get them in bed early so they are ready for school the next day. The evenings are rushed. They get home from school, they want a snack, play time and then homework, dinner, bath, getting ready for the next day then bed LOL.. Yeah, you have some time to yourself during the day but alot more work when they get home.. I know my kids have a lot of homework every night. Spelling tests once a week and things to do with the spelling words every night plus math and reading. Reading nightly started in K, the other stuff was added in 1st grade.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:41 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• hugs!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 9:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Don't worry, OP... there seems to be a very uneducated anti-catholic person responding tonight making themselves look like idiots.

I know what you are going through- and you are always going to have those days... but they are mixed with other days too. It is helpful when they are big enough to be independent and do not rely on you for everything. You'll look back and wonder how you did it, but you'll have made it!
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Aw honey - I don't have any idea what you are going through. I only have 1 3 year old and 1 on the way. But I do sympathize with you for sure! I can say that it will get better... eventually. If it were me, I would ask for a little help, a break for a day - maybe 2 and do something just for you. Relax and recharge!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Hey OP don't listen to the negative folks. Some days you might have a chance to take that 10 min nap or just a walk around the block for some fresh air. But it is true that once they are in school you have those parent meetings, and the preparation for the next school day. But if you schedule things properly you can do just fine. Use a big calendar, or calendar book to work out your day. It makes things easier. Good luck!
    Anonymous