Are all men like my husband?

My husband seems curious about other women. I see him occassionally looking at a woman checking to see if she is looking back. He tries hard not to look but yet I can tell when it is a woman just by the way he looks at her. For instance if I am talking to him, I see him scanning the room, then there will be a certain look in his eyes and I will turn to see who he is looking at and it will be an attractive woman. If my friends are even a little attractive I see himspotting them across the room etc. I don't say much about it but I am wondering if it is normal or if I should be worried. I have not had very good male influences in my life. Most men that I have seen are the nastiest cheaters so I don't know if I am making too much of it or if he is looking for something else. If I do bring it up he will deny it till the end, tell me he will never cheat and that I have nothing to worry about... what do you think. Is it norma

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Of course not all men are like your husband. I have tried to talk my DH in to finding other women - he just isn't interested... He sees no point in looking at others, because he doesn't have a want or need for others. But I don't think just because your husband likes to look that means he's going to cheat either. I don't know many women that don't check out the occasional hot guy in tight pants... But that doesn't mean they are all sleeping around.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• A lot of men do that but it's still rude in my opinion

Answer by admckenzie at 9:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Well I know I see my husband looking sometimes. I am like whoa buddy your wife is right here. My husband would never cheat he doesn't have that bone in his body. I trust him totally. So yeah there are more lookers out there. Make sure to reel your looker in sometimes too- don't just let him get it in for free.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I prefer they look when I am not around. It is rude! Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 9:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Lot's of men to like to window shop... that's the nature of the beast... it's primal. As long as that's all it is .... looking but not touching!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I think it's degrading and embarrassing to you as the wife. It's sad because if you think you are the only one that notices this behavior you are wrong. Other people in the room notice it along with the women he is looking at. It really is a slap in your face. If I were you I would tell him it is rude and to knock it off or get out ! If you don't set boundaries with this man he might lock eyes with the next women who could care less if he is with someone and may be intrigued by it and then OOPs there goes your husband. Set your boundaries with this man and stick to them!
    michelle146

Answer by michelle146 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I hate to say this but it does not sound normal I mean he is a man but Iwould find it DISRESPECTFUL!!! I would let him know how it makes you feel don't ask him anything just tell him what is obvious to you. Or just start doing what he is doing see ifhelikes it...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I agree, it's rude to openly lust after other people when you are married, or even dating. So, why not just turn it right back around and start looking at other men in the room? Let him know how it feels. "Wow! she is gorgeous isn't she, and check out the ass on that cowboy. yeehaw!"...... "If I had a gate like that I'd slam it every night."....... "I'm sorry, were you saying something?" LOL
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 9:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• OP here...I just wanted to say that it is not necessarily lusful. He doesn't necessarily check them out up and down. More like he notices them. I can't really explain it. It does hurt me because I don't notice anyone. I have a one track mind and I am completely loyal and in love with my husband. I do think that other people do notice. I don't know what to think anymore. If I do tell him something about it he acts as if I am just being paranoid and then says something like "that's why we can't go anywhere!". He will never admit it.
    Anonymous

• Don't let him make you feel stupid and even guilty for having your feelings on this subject. Don't second guess your self. If you are uncomfortable and sense he is looking he probably is and if you sense it you bet others can too! Don't underestimate yourself you are smarter than you think and I hope you can set some boundaries with this man.......
    michelle146

Answer by michelle146 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2010