Should we all just trust our instincts?

I want to trust mine but then I have seen some people with whom their "instinct" is just WAY off base. I am worried I could be that person, so I listen to my instinct but then I try to use my mind and my faith to decide what to do. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Generally I think your instincts are best, especially in momentary choices... But that doesn't mean that your faith doesn't come in to your choices... To me if your faith is strong enough it's part of who you are, it's ingrained and becomes a part of how you think and react. So by following your instincts you would still be following your beliefs.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Instinct alone, no. One must also use logic and reasoning(and faith for some) in order to come to a wise judgement.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• What you call instinct I call Yahweh, but there is another thing called IMPULSE, and that is NOT Yahweh. The difference? One warns you of doing bad, the other encourages it. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• instincts and good judgement.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Instincts yes, they are generally right.
    However, you have to learn to listen to other things as well like your heart and head.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I generally go with my instinct unless it is something that could drastically change my or my childrens future.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:14 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I trust my instincts and my mind to tell me what is right and what is not.
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 7:46 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• This is just me but when I don't trust my instinct and question it, I could just kick myself. Most of the time it's right on.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:50 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Logic and reason are part of my instinct.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:50 AM on Jun. 8, 2010