Can I give my 1 month old baby juice?

Just wondering, not really a need to do so. I didn't start my first on juice until almost 4 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no....
    halleyquinn

Answer by halleyquinn at 9:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• No

Answer by admckenzie at 9:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My DD is almost 14 months and has never had juice. There is just no reason to give it. It's empty calories and loaded with sugar. And 1 month is TOO young for juice. My 3 & 5 yr olds drink milk and water and only get juice very rarely.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• No, their little digestive systems won't be able to handle it. They will get some bad tummy cramps and will cry a lot. Why would you even want to give a baby that little juice?
    Anonymous

• No. And for future reference, "baby juice" is a waste of money, all it is is regular juice watered down - you're paying for half water. Just buy 100% juice and water it down yourself, baby juices are a ploy to get you to part with your money.
    Anonymous

• you really need to just give baby bm or formula at this point. however, my doc told me that if my 1 month old was constipated it was ok to give about 2oz of prune apple baby juice non watered down, but not more then 2 or 3 times in 1 day.
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 9:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• no
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 9:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• No. They shouldn't have juice until at least 6 months like with baby foods (unless directed by a pediatrcian and it's used more like a medication) and even then they SHOULDN'T have juice... it's like giving them soda! Empty calories with almost no nutritional value.
    We didn't give my son juice until he was over a year and still he doesn't get much at almost 2.... it's not needed.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• No. They shouldn't have juice or water until 6 months and in my opinion, no juice before 2 years. Juice is junk food. I give it to my toddlers as a treat now and then. I never give it to my kids when they are babies.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My son's pediatrician said she strongly discourages even watered down juice until one year. She didn't give her own children juice until they were two. One month old is way, way too young.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2010