Horrible sewage smelling burps? They smell like rotten eggs? HELP!!!!!!!!

Well to start things off I have been getting sore throats a lot this summer. So far I have had 6, all lasting at least 4-10 days. They appear just as fast as they disappear. Now today I woke up with yet another horrible sore throat, but to go along with things this time every time I burp it smells like sewage, or rotten eggs. Has anyone had a problem like this? What causes smelly burps like this? I am a healthy person, I am in shape, eat right, don't drink or smoke.. I really need some advice. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Health

• Sounds like you ate something that was bad. Try a tbs of baking soda in half a glass of water. You should burp in a minute or so. Try it again later if that doesn't clear it up right away. You should be fine.
    Anonymous

• I get it every once in awhile. I chalk it up to a "sour stomach" and it goes away in a few days. I haven't come up with a cause or a cure.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Something is fermenting in your guts - have you had a lot of eggs or anything, or taken a new supplement? I'd be going to the doctor, mainly because of all the sore throats.
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone-

I really don't eat eggs, I don't care for them. But that is what they smell like. It is disgusting. Hopefully they are gone by tomorrow!! I can't stand it, my husband it sleeping in the living room tonight due to my stinky burps :(
    Anonymous

• I remember my child having this kind of burp, and he soon came down with a stomach virus. I hope that this is not the case for you.

Answer by Bmat at 9:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I had that once and I ended up having the stomach flu. Good luck to you!
    Anonymous

• Have you been checked for strep throat? You could have something lodged in your tonsils too causing the inflammation and the smell. A piece of food could be irritating it like a popcorn kernel or something could just be stuck. I would have the doctor take a look at it and see what he can find. Also, rotten egg taste/smell is caused from an upset stomach. Could also be acid reflux disease. That's a symptom.
    midnightshadow2

Answer by midnightshadow2 at 1:03 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• hmmm sounds like strep throat to me its a bacterial infecton that causes you to have horrible sore throats and stinky breath go to your dr to get antibiotics...
    psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 5:11 AM on Jun. 8, 2010