What do you think when old acquaitances friend you on Facebook?

Are you happy, annoyed, whatever...what is your thoughts about the person friending you? Do you think they are just friendly or do you think it's pathetic? How do you determine who you would friend on Facebook?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Just friendly. I would only friend someone if they meant something to me
    Anonymous

• There is an easy solution to this. Don't psychoanalyze it. Just don't accept the friendship request. Why all the drama?
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Ignore.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Some of my old high school friends have found me and wanted to reconnect on facebook. Some I accept and others I ignore. Actually its kind of fun to see how fat they've become when they were such snobby divas in school. Gotta love it!!
    Anonymous

• i have found all my old high school friends that i was close to or they have found me. Its sad that my 2 closest ones i friended accepted me on facebook but we never talk at all. I understand though. I'm sure they are living there very adult lifes now too and probably don't have much time for friends. I know i don't.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• It depends on the person. Most of the people in high school I accept as I knew them all very well -- very small graduating class. If it's from college, if I talked to them quite a bit I will, but if I only met them once or twice, then I don't. Usually those are the people with 500 friends.
    Anonymous

• I have my FB account just for old acquaintances (and family). I have to find classmates from high school for our reunion so I opened that acct. I'm fine with it

Answer by admckenzie at 10:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I only accept people I know. I have a few that added me from HS that I wasn't really friends with, but we did speak some. I think for some it's a numbers thing. My DH has close to 300 friends on FB, all of which he knows. From hs to work. There are some that I don't accept because we were really not friends in hs and I think they are just trying to boost their friend numbers.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 8, 2010