Would it be really that horrible to get pregnant?

Right now we are not the best off financially. The kids ave what they need and so would a baby if we decided to have one...but we would still be on PA. Would that really be so horrible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes. You shouldn't be bringing another child into the world if you know you have to rely on other people to pay for your food or housing.
    Anonymous

• you'd get more PA to cover the extra expenses......... however, be less likely to actually seek out actual careers. So..... what life do you want? Waiting for your next check? Or having savings, emergency fund, etc?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Its noone decision but yours. We didnt want any kids after our 2 because of the same reason (finances). Well, our BC failed us and we are expecting again.. We both work, and I had to quit school after 3 years so we can make it work.

It isnt ideal, and we are having to cut down huge on the amount we put into our kids savings every month (which was never a lot in the first palce). I think that is the hardest for me.... I really want my kids to have a better chance at school/ future then i did. I feel like that isnt possible now.
    Anonymous

• i dont think it would be "horrible", but when you have kids, your supposed to be providing them with what they need, not the state, so if your on PA and the state is providing your kids with what they need, you really shouldnt bring another child into the world until you can provide your kids with what they need. PA is for people who are going through a hard time financially and need help for a while until they get on there feet, not for people to just live off forever, so if your already in a struggle financially, you really should make it harder/worse by adding another baby to the mix. plus you should be striving to provide your kids with atleast some of what they WANT also, not just what they need!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• You should be doing everything in your power NOT to have another child until you can support yourselves and the ones you've got ON YOUR OWN.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My SO and I would love to have another baby but we can't afford it right now, so we're not going to have one. Our economy is financially strapped right now and people like yourself aren't helping. Sorry to be rude, but it's the truth.
    Anonymous

• People on PA should be temporarily sterilized until they're off it.
    Anonymous

• NO NO NO NO NO. I'm sorry but wait until you aren't on PA to have another child. PA is there for people who need to get back on their feet, not to keep having babies to get more money. Get a better job and get off PA, then have a baby.
    Anonymous

• lol I can't believe how judgemental everyone is. I think if you want another child go for it!
    Anonymous

• That's tough.

1. If you wait until the perfect time to have a kid...you will never have a kid.

2. Getting pregnant and knowing you'll have to live off the state is wrong, too.

My dirty secret is I knew I would need some form of medical assistance if I got pregnant. Insurance companies won't normally cover a c-section unless you've had them for 18 months before getting pregnant. I knew I didn't want to wait that long and I knew I couldn't afford a $13,000 surgery. I knew I could provide a rook over it's head and clothing and everything else, but I did have a baby knowing the state would have to help me with the surgery. It's a tough call, but I would've had to wait 2 more years to have a baby....I'm going Anon now...
    Anonymous