My step daughter

My 16 year old step daughter told me today that she had an abortion. This is her second one. Her first was 7 months ago. I don't know what to do with her. We have condoms available for her to take and use, she has a prescription for the pill. She sleeps around, doesn't come home some nights. I love her, but there is only so much I can do, I don't have custody, and she waves that in my face every time I try to talk to her. I was a teen mom, I know how hard it is. I love her, and I am calm when I try to talk to her, but there is no getting through. Anyone else have this problem? Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• What does her father and bio mom say about this? If she won't listen to you then they should at least be getting involved if they aren't.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• They should, but yes, they aren't. My husband tries, but he gets the same results I do. Her mother is a whore and has had 4 abortions that I know of, 3 children living with her, and 2 that she has given up for adoption.
    Anonymous

• what about counseling?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Doesn't come home? ..... 911? Sleeping around? 911 ..... She has a cell phone? I'd cancel that tonight. Car? God I hope not.....

I do NOT mean to be harsh. But she cannot do all these things w/out some parental help. Keep her at her bio parents. Or else set some house rules?

she is out of control. I'd get the police involved as soon as possible. Scare her straight before she ends up dead.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• have doctor give her a 5 year birth control that she doesn't have to take everyday.. also she needs more supervision talk to her dad... I suggest getting her to baby sit s she can see how hard taking care of kids is also talk to her biomom
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I have a friend who had several abortions when she was a teenager.....she ended up not being able to have a child when she wanted to.

I agree with most of what the previous posters said. She needs strict supervision and rules, and it has to come from her parents.
    Counseling might help too.

Good Luck!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I've tried all that. She refuses the 5 year implant, I have 4 little kids under the age of 7 at home, she knows how hard it is to take care of kids. She has a cell that her mother gave her, and a car that she bought with money she saved from summer jobs.
    Anonymous

• also someone needs to give her consequences for her actions like she should be only going to school & home grounded from all no friends, no tv, no car.. just school & home & maybe a job.. she needs to know this behavior is not ok
    if this was my kid I would homeschool & she would never leave home except for counseling until she got she junk together
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Honestly, she's 16 and even though she bought the car, her dad can still take it away along with the cell.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• tried it umm don't ask her if she wants the birth control tell her !!! or have her dad tell her
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2010