I have had old friends decline my friendship request on face book is there something wrong with the way I have viewed things?

I have many friends on F.B. but have been surprised at those that have declined my friendship. I thought we were friends maybe not best friends but enough of a friend where I have great memories of them and would love to chat or see there families. I try not to let it bother me but I did run into one the other day and just smiled and waved even though I was a bit uncomfortable. Is there something wrong with me if I can't tell if someone really does not like me and when you see these people in person how can you not feel uncomfortable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Not everyone wants to use Facebook to connect with people from the past... some just want to use it to keep in touch with family, share pics, etc. I wouldn't take it personally. I know I've declined friend invites from acquaintances from high school unless they were really close friends... it's nothing personal, I just didn't particularly enjoy high school and don't want to mentally revisit it! I would just let it go and enjoy the people who are friends, on Facebook and off.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• o I dunno..how do you know they declined? Well that sucks sometimes I feel that way. Like maybe I just view things differently
    Anonymous

• Maybe you represent a time in their past that they don't want to dwell on. it may not be you but that time in their life. Let it go and concentrate on the friends you do have.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I think you need to get over it. They may just be like me. If I don't talk to you anymore, why the hell would I want to be your "friend" on a website? I have people from MIDDLE school request my friendship all of the time, and I decline them all.
    Blaiden

Answer by Blaiden at 10:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Are you sure they remembered you? I have people trying to be friends with me and if I don't recognize the name (and they don't send me a msg) then I won't confirm them as a friend.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2010