Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I have a question i havnt had my period in 6 months i am not pregnant i went to the doctor and they told me it was all in my head but i havnt had a period what should i do how can i make it come or get back on track. Please i really need help i am scared i want to concieve again soon but i dont see that happening without a period.

Answer Question

Asked by newmom183 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • you might try going on the pill to jump start your cycle. At least it will attempt to regulate you and then after a couple of months go off of it and see if your body will do what it's supposed to do. If not, I would talk to a fertility specialist

    Answer by Jademom07 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

  • VITEX!!!!

    Vitex works exceptionally well for helping regulate women's cycles. Most of the time if you are not ovulating it's because of a high level of prolactin, a low level of progestrone, or a combination of the two.

    Vitex works on the glands that regulate the hormones.

    I personally think that Fertility Blend is the best way to get the Vitex in as well as getting other herbs that are helpful to the female reproductive track. It has worked for so many women.

    If you can't afford Fertility Blend you can take Vitex. Start at 1600 mgs a day.

    I would NOT go back on the pill. That could raise your prolactin level and that could make things worse for you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

  • Definately see a Reproductive Endocrinologist, they are experts and will get you the help you need

    Answer by wood1980 at 9:00 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

  • I agree with post number two. Take Vitex. It is the best thing to bring AF. I just started taking about a week ago and i can already tell that I am about to get my period.

    Good luck

    Answer by DeLaiz at 12:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

  • Also, DO NOT go back on the pill because as soon as you stop the pill that problem is going to start all over again.

    Answer by DeLaiz at 12:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

  • I agree with not going on the pill. there are a few different other pills that can jumpstart your period. I took one, and I cant for the life of me remember the name, I will try to figure it out and if I do I will reply again. but Iwas having the same problem as you, we wanted to concieve and without a period I knew that was pretty much impossible. Talk to your docctor again, if they dont give you something to start your period, or try immediately to put you on the pill you can always go talk to another doctor. good luck!

    Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.