how did you pay for your computer? (the one you're on right now)

Cafemom seems to have this fascinating mix of upper class and trailer trash. (Hey that rhymes!!!!) Not judgey... just tell it like it is. You're on PA and used part of a welfare check? OK! Your husband is a prominent plastic surgeon and your maid's assistance took the American Express card to Best Buy for you and bought it? Fair enough!

Me = this particular computer used to be my parents old one. They gave it to us as a gift after I fried our previous one (oops) and we've upgraded a teeny bit, paid for in cash. We do have a very, very nice flat screen 30 inch monitor given from the institute for the blind. And the wireless mouse from walmart, probably from a tax refund we paid for it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• credit card, then tax refund paid it off.
    Anonymous

• I did an art show and sold all but three pieces of my pottery, it bought mine and my dh's laptops.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• This computer was bought by our business, on Black Friday, to replace the one the business bought 5 years ago. The old computer has sinced crashed, so I use this one. It's a laptop, I'm in my living room - because our business is out of our home. We can't afford to replace my computer for a while.
    Anonymous

• Mine is bought and paid for in cash. It has been upgraded since he bought it and put it together for me. I have a hand me down keyboard that he hated, a mouse he no longer uses and today--he went and bought me speakers because my new monitor didn't have them built in, my monitor was paid for by the company I work for because I work from home.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• bought it with our tax refund...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My husband saved up for it.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• WELL....

My husband "sells" Neurosurgeons, and other sub specialties.... : ) We bought this laptop with the tax refund. Oh and we deserved it I mean we paid out 17,000 in taxes or maybe it was 16,000 that year. So we deserved to use some on us. : ) We were fortunate he found the job he's gotten himself into. I'm a SAHM
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 11:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• the one I am on was a Valentines gift from my husband, the one he is on we just went and bought last summer.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• The one I'm on now, which is 7 years old and I just had to restore to factory settings to get it to work, we bought with a credit card and then paid it off with our income tax return that year.

MY computer, which isn't working right now, we bought last year with our tax refund.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• LOL. I got my laptop at Best Buy....Terms were 12 months, no interest. I paid it off in 6 months.
    Is that what you mean?
    I am not gettng PA, by the way. LOL.
    Tacky questions here at CM.
    Anonymous