Should I say something (text) or give him more time?

This guy that I like, that I have just started talking to again, lost his cousin yesterday. I left a message on his status that I was sorry and praying for him and his family. I kinda want to send him a text msg since I am sure talking on the phone is inconvient right now... What should I do? Should I text him or give him a couple days?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Give him more time, I'm sure if he wants to talk to you at a time like this he'll text you.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I would text him. Just something simple like that you're sorry for his loss and if there is anything he needs let you know or something like that. That way he will definitely get your msg but you don't have to deal with the awkwardness if you call him and he doesn't feel like talking.
    Anonymous

• Ok... thanks.
    Anonymous

• I'd give him some time. You left one message. That's enough.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Yeah, txt him, and remind him that if he needs anything, even just like a meal or something or someone to talk to, that your there for him. I would leave it at that though.
    Anonymous

• You could send him a text but don't get your hopes up for a reply, he may be busy with family things so give him a few days after you send the text and then try calling him. Sending the text will show him your concern and give him the oppurtunity to talk to someone if that's what he needs. When I lost my grandmother a few years ago the only one I could handle talking to was my husband, seeing my family just reminded me of my grandmother though there are some people who only spend time with family after losing a relative - so like I said I think sending the text, letting him know you care and are available to lean on during his grief so to speak is a good idea.
    Anonymous

• You could go to the services or send flowers to his cousin's parents.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2010