should my daughter for give her friend? PLEASE READ ALL OF IT!

ok so here we go:
my dd is a dancer her dance company was doing a show and she was tell her two good friends to shut up but one of the girls thought she was talking to her even though she wasnt. so after the show that girl came up to my dd and started crusing her and and telling her to go die in a fucking hole. so after all this she goes around the school telling lies bout my dd llike she is a hoe and cheats on her boyfriends and then worte bad things on her bf wall ect..
so after this the girl texted back my daughter saying sorry. so my daughter forgave her by texting ok we can be friends.
with this text that girl took it and shoved it in another one of my daughters friends (they were in a fight the girl and my daughters friend.) and told her see she likes me better!
so my daughter found this out and its legit there were people who saw it all go down. so should she be forgive or is she not wroth it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I say let them all work it out & let them be teens.. Just give your dd advice that she does what is right as a person, not to be cool/uncool in school.. KWIM? What makes her feel OK with herself?
    IMO I would apologize to anyone who took me wrong for yelling at them or whatever & let it be. And that is what I would spread when everyone is gossiping.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Wow...I'd say she tried to say sorry. That's all she can do.
    You really need a life if your posting about your DD's teen drama...
    Anonymous

• Sounds like a sour friendship. One that isn't very healthy. I don't think there's anything wrong with forgiving. I mean you don't want to promote her holding grudges, BUT..... I think she should find a new group to hang out with. You can forgive and then distance yourself from the person slowly.

That girl seems very immature and needs to grow up a little bit. So yes forgive, but don't get too close, and don't expect it to be a great friendship if you keep one. : )
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 11:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• It's up to your daughter. You should stay out of it. Kids work it all out on their own
    Anonymous

• yes i do have a life thank u very much! but this is very upsetting is is a long time friendship we are talking about.. and my dauther didnt yell at her friend or anyone. it was a missunderstanding but when she tried to tell her friend that she was told to go die in a hole.
    Anonymous

• I agree w/ skepticchick. Overall, my gut says screw that other girl but I'm a scorpio.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:02 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Its teen drama, at this point there are big changes in friendships, its teens
    during middle and high school not only do you make life long friends but you lose some too
    same goes for college

Unless someone is threatening harm on your child I say let it be drama, your dd can get some tough skin, this is prepping her for her life and if you step in this lesson will not be learned by her.

Share experiences with her about good and bad ex friends
    help her out with knowing everyone goes thru drama, its how you handle it that makes you a better person

DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:03 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• if that girl can't take an appology, then i'd say she's not much of a friend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Oh ignore all the moms on here that are getting on you for being involved in your teens life. It's not you getting involved in her drama, it's you being an INVOLVED parent. Maybe they should try it some time.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:11 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I personally think it is rather awesome that you are involved and that your daughter is talking to you about all of this. Too many kids are bullied or get into fights and the parents never know.
    I would say that maybe your daughter needs to have a sit-down conversation with her friend to find out where things are and whether she feels they should continue. It may be a long-term friendship, but even those come to an end sometimes. It could be that this friendship has just been outgrown by your daughter.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 3:35 AM on Jun. 8, 2010