Would it be bad to ask a company, who hasn't completed the job, for my money back?

I paid a landscaping company 2500.00 to well landscape. He told me two weeks, two weeks came and went so I called and they told me next week. Well, next week came and went so I call and told me next week...I just want my money back. I'm frustrated because my irrigation guy can't get my sprinkler system done until the landscaping is done. i don't even want the landscaping anymore and my sprinkler guy can get started right away. Would I be horrible if I called him and asked for my money back and maybe I will contact him next year?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I like the answer Anon :14 gave you. It sounds reasonable.
    You didn't pay for the contract 100% up front I hope. I know you paid a lot of money, but I have always heard that only 1/2 should be paid upon signing the contract and then the rest when the job is finished.
    I wish you well.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:51 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I should also add that I paid my sprinkler guy and he has all of my materials and is ready to work, but yet I'm still paying hefty water bills.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't contact him again if he's doing that crap of a job!
    I would call and ask for my money back asap....and give them a little threat as well that you'll take them to court for breech of contract.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• What are the landscaper's reasons for the delay?
    Anonymous

• I'm OP. They are backed up, which I understand but why does he keep telling me he will be here next week then?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I worked in landscaping for a few years and my husband worked for the competition down the road. Landscapers do get backed up on jobs sometimes especially if there has been a lot of bad weather. But if they keep saying next week week after week, then they need to refund you the money. It's ridiculous to drag customers along like that. They either need to give you a more realistic amount of time that it will take until they can do it or they need to hire more workers and get it done or they need to give you your money back. Once they refund the money I bet your sprinkler guy can give you a good recommendation for someone who will get the job done on time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• You need to get your money back. Contact a lawyer or the Better Business Bureau. If they didn't do the work, they should return your money. They are stealing from you.....right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jun. 8, 2010