I have a 8month old son who alwayss seems to be very fussy, cries alot for me, when I try & change his diaper he will not lay down I have to hold him down with one hand, when I hold him (trying to put him to sleep he pushes me away from him) I don't know if I should be worried if this means he will have behavioral problems in the future? I know he's so young but stresses me to want & run away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's OK calm down. He may be teething. The diaper changing give him something to hold while you are changing him. Even if it's a cell phone for a few minutes. Is he on formula? Maybe you need to switch brands. Wouldsn't hurt to take him to the dr. to rule out things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I'm son is 10 months old and does the same things. So I want to know the answer to this too.
    missylove916

Answer by missylove916 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• its normal for a baby to want their mommy a lot. The best thing you can do it respond to them when they cry, this will give them the securty and trust they need. As far as changing a diaper goes, well he probably doesn't wnat to be tied down, giving hima toy or something interesting will help like the other mom said. and yes it could be teething as well.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• At that age babies don't like to be interupted from their exploring for a diaper change. My baby is 8 months old too A toy can help. If teething laying own can make it hurt more. My baby doesn't like to be changed when she's sleepy or in the middle of somethign she finds really fun, unless she asks to be changed then she's usually more amiable. She also prefers the potty. So if I get a signal or know she has to potty, I head it off at the pass and put her there to pee. She never cries when sitting up. It is also normal for baies to be velcro...they want mommy and they cry when they can't see her. I wear my baby in a wrap or sling when I have to do a chore, or I put her on the floor in the same room to watch me do what I need to do. When my baby pushes at me and fusses, it means she has been trying to tell me something (wet, bored, scared, etc etc) and I havne't been paying attention
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:13 AM on Jun. 8, 2010