Moms with lupus I have a question.

I am working on a paper and I am curious those moms with lupus (or if you know someone with lupus) have you been involved with domestic violence or any other severe stressful situation before you were diagnosed. I'm gathering information and if you dont want to leave your name answer anon. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Health

• My mom had a very stressful life! She married an abusive alcoholic and was beat constantly! She is really flightly now and I truly believe she has minor brain damage. She was married to my dad for 15 years. She was diagnosed with lupus about 15 years after divorce. Is there a correlation between the two?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I am doing my paper on domestic violence and the health effects on women and i was talking to my mom about it and she was telling me everyone she knows that has lupus has either been in a relationship with domestic violence so i looked into it and found that one of the triggers is stressful situations. This is what the website says about the triggers: emotional stress, such as a divorce, illness, death in the family, or other life complications. http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/webarticlesnet/templates/new_learnunderstanding.aspx?articleid=2233&zoneid=523 That is the website I found the info on as well if you would like to look into it. Thanks for your answer its very interesting to me.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• That's an interesting article. This is the first anon again. When I was going through a seperation with my husband I was having joint pain/swelling, they tested me for everything but nothing came out in the blood work. They also tested me for lupus but didn't find anything-this was before my mother was diagnosed with it. They diagnosed me with serum negative rheumatoid arthritis. I really just think it was stress and my body was taking the brunt of it, but after my mom was diagnosed I always wonder now if I have it or will get it. I still have joint pain here and there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• i know someone that has lupus and was in an abusive marriage. i also know one woman with lupus that to the best of my knowledge was never abused. they both found chiropractic helpful in dealing with symptoms. i also know someone with ms that was in an abusive marriage. she too gets relief from chiropractic care, and a good diet.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:10 AM on Jun. 8, 2010