tylenol or oragel for my three month olds hurting gums?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did the Orajel (liquid) w/ chamolline tea and it worked miracles....Luck!!
    vania_jmz

Answer by vania_jmz at 2:11 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I'd do both because the orajel stops the hurting quickly and gives the tylenol time to take affect. When my girls were teething they liked to suck on a frozen waffle. Crazy I know but it worked...lol.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 5:46 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I use tylenol and teething tablets
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:11 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Neither. Hylands teething tabs, frozen damp washcloths, lots of extra nursing (the breast is for comfort, as well as nutrition.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:51 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• i used nothing but breast feeding for my teething children. i hate the idea of giving tylenol to a lo. their body is working on teeth, their little livers don't really need the added burden of processing tylenol too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:59 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Actually please don't use anything frozen. It can cause frostbite on the child in a quick time. You can use stuff put in the fridge so it isn't as cold but still cold enough to help. Since we don't know if you are breastfeeding or not, I would suggest trying orajel first or the teething tablets. Tylenol only if it doesn't seem like orajel is working. My kids never teethed this early so it is harder because of how young your child is. And yes I do know they all teeth at different times, I am not saying that your child can't be teething.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 7:21 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Do not use Oragel !!!!! It can cause your baby not to breath. It numbs the back of the throat and can cause your baby to turn blue. I have been told of many ER visits because of this. I used tylenol and teething tablets.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I nurse.And if it's really bad, then i reach for the tylenol. The infant tylenol is made for babies so yes their livers can handle it.
    alotta_fagina

Answer by alotta_fagina at 9:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Hylands teething tablets! I don't use tylenol or orajel.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• It is far too easy to overdose a baby with meds. Then if you over use them they won't work effectively anymore. Don't use tylenol. Orajel does nothing for where the pain really is and it numbs more than the gums. It numbs the whole mouth and part of the throat if you aren't careful. It can also burn. I know, I used it when I had braces.

The best thing for the ache and pain is something cold, chew toys, and ACTIVITY. If you notice, teething tends to get worse at night because there is nothing else to think about or do other than the ache.

Are you SURE it is teething and not something else?
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:03 AM on Jun. 8, 2010