at what age do the ear piercing places let you pierce a baby's ears? do you have to have their 2nd month shots?

my baby is 3 months old and hasnt had her 2nd month shots YET and I would like to get her ears pierced. when can I do this? what restrictions are there? please I do not what to be told Im a bad mommy because I'm piercing her ears either thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wish to know too?? my 8 mths still dont got em and I want to get them done because everyone confuses her with a boy..
    vania_jmz

Answer by vania_jmz at 2:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• my daughter didnt have shots and she got hers pierced at 3 months i think?? i talked to her pediatrician and she knew she was not vaxx and she said it was fine.

As long as you cleanse them like you should and do the right things for it to not get infected it is fine.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:26 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Its 2 months now. First set of shots. I just asked the other day because I wanted to get DDs done when she is old enough.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 3:03 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• A baby having there shots is not important. Just bring your child in and get her ears pirced just make sure when you go to have two people working so they can do it at the same time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• ah yes!! make sure they do it at once... and if you have something that will comfort them pacifier, bottle or nursing... try giving it to them right after.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:32 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• My daughter was 6 months old...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:28 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• My DD was 8 weeks but they usually did it at 10-12 where I went so that the cartilage is nice and firm. I guess it varies form place to place.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:46 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I must begin by saying that I am against infant ear piercing. BUT, if you are set on doing so, PLEASE go to a licensed piercer, that uses a needle rather then a gun. Yes, most "traditional" piercing places require the first set of shots to be done. I would not trust a "piercer" that required my child to me immunized before piercing them. They must not be so sure of how sanitary their practices are. I urge you to seek out a professional body piercer, who does NOT require immunization, and knows what they're doing.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I agree with Krysta622. I do no like baby peircing either, it should be a rite of passage...something they ask for and desire as part of their body rights.

But if you insist do go to a licensed peircer. DO NOT go to those mall kiosks.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:58 AM on Jun. 8, 2010