Started on milk

my 12 month old just started drinking regular milk but he doesnt seem to want it at all yet... think it has to do with it being too cold... but should i start warming it up or just keep it cold so he gets used to it?

mandie_jean

Asked by mandie_jean at 3:32 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You could try warming it. However it is not needed. The calcium is what is really needed and he can get that from other sources. Hey may just not like it at all. I know my daughter HATES it. I don't give her milk, I've only given her rice milk more as a snack (she really only drink water and loves it) but one day my daughter took a sip of her cousins milk and was SO GROSSED OUT!! Made a nasty face lol.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:37 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• How about water? Cow milk is for baby cows, and humans don't need it. Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. While cow mild is rich in protein, the kind of protein that is contains is casein, while human milk protein is lactalbumin, with is easily digestible; more the 50% of casein isn’t digested and can cause health problems later in life, like food allergies. Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Too much cow milk can actually leach calcium and other nutrients from the body.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Maybe your LO just doesn't like milk. Out of four kids, only one of mine likes milk and only chocolate milk. My 2yo is still nursing and she acts like cow milk is poison. lol
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 8:56 AM on Jun. 8, 2010