Anyone in Arizona notice the new tax law?? What do you think about it?

I'm all for it. FYI for any who don't know. Its only until i BELIEVE 2013?? Anyway for every dollar you spend there is an additional .01 tax...

So today i bought a mtn dew at circle kay its normally .85cents and today it was .86cents.
No big deal. i also got new tax forms...so it will only be about an additional 1.00 taxed. (i work part time) no biggy.

they money will go to schools and things needed for education. If this law didn't pass, they would have had to make cuts, meaning teachers losing their jobs and children losing good teachers.

So anyone in az even notice it? and others out of state, what do you think about this new law?? would you be for it if it was proposed in your own state? why or why not?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:08 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't have a problem putting more money into things like education, what I do have a problem with is overspending in other areas of government that causes such a shortfall that it leaves them with the need to dig deeper into the taxpayer's pocket. I wouldn't count on it going away either, it will probably be amended and raised if anything. Since I don't live there I don't know what other legislation they have passed that I don't agree with and how much that costs the tax payers of the state, so I will leave my opinion as is for now.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:36 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't be for it! The gov't and city officials need to start cutting back in other areas other than education. They need to put on theiir thinking caps and spend tax money wisely . I guess, I just don't know why it always falls on the citizens shoulders. They are always raising taxes ALWAYS! It gets old after a while and it starts adding up really quick. We pay so much in taxes a year but yet we struggle as a family. I don't get it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• If tax money goes to SCHOOLS, I am all for it. I will be happy to spend a little tax money for schools. ANd I don't even have kids in school anymore--they all graduated. I care about others' kids too. Educating children is essential...they are OUR furure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Thats great that it will go to education. I am from CA. Everytime a new .01 tax goes in effect, it never goes away...lol...just know that is probably not going to end in 2013.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2010