Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"This land is your land, this land is my land...." Neighbors unhappy about property lines! AAAGGGGG!

We just recently built a house and the property lines were wrong(not our fault but the company we went through and the neighbor went throughs fault) I complained to the company who built our house and they hired a different company to come out here and stake the lines out. I gained about 30 feet in my front and lost about 7 feet in my back. Both the neighbor and I knew this was going to happen, he just wanted exact marks, not a big deal. After it was done they stopped talking to me, not a big deal, but now he is going to other neighbors complaining about how the lines are still wrong? I believe they are right, I mean the company was out here for an hour with a plot of the land and so on...How can I resolve this issue? I don't want to fight with them or have silent treatments going on.


Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Check with the property plot in your county/city records to see if it is already on record. If not, then look at the records of your surrounding neighbors and take it to the last company that surveyed your property to see if their records account for your neighbors records (property lines). If not, then they need to go back out and redo their work. If so, then have them put it officially in writing, copy the letter, and give it to your surrounding neighbors in person. Anyone who disagrees can pay for their own surveyor to check on property lines against the records. If there is further dispute that cannot be resolved between you and your neighbor(s) then you will have to go to the courthouse where the records are kept to file a personal property dispute plea. The court may have you all share payment for their own surveyor and will go by their findings.
    Best wishes.

    Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

  • Who cares what they think. You did what you had to do. Don't do anything keep being a good neighbor. Let them "assimilate" the issue. They will come to realized that they have to accept it and if they are fair then they will stop Bs you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

  • go talk to him about it. If they feel like its still not right then its his turn to get a company out to take care of it, otherwise he just wants to whine.

    Answer by Nyx7 at 6:46 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

  • I would go over and be really nice. Just say "i heard thru the grapevine that you may not be satisfied with the property markings. Isure dont want this to come between us. I dont know what else to do since we have had it double checked. What are your thoughts on it?" and just see what they say. Some people just love to gripe but kill em with kindness will atleast bring it in the open and out of the gossip circle.

    Answer by ria7 at 9:49 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

  • Call a Professional Surveyor. Have a New Survey done and that is it. They will plot it on paper and submit it to the Town. That is how you pay your Taxes according to the amount of property you have too. If the neighbors have a problem with the new survey, let them get a surveyor and pay for it themselves.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jun. 8, 2010