First time pregnant...Do OBs ask patients about prior vaccinations the patient might had?

I don't know if this is mandated in every US State but if you want to go to college you have to be vaccinated with the "boosters". For some reason if your transfer to another college you have to receive the same vaccines that you had a year ago at the last college you were attending.
Should a pregnant women mentioned to her Obstetrician that she had had the MMR vaccine as college entry requirement at her first prenatal care. Is this information irrelevant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am not sure as I never had to get a booster MMR for college. I know in the blood work they do they check for immunity to it. My sister transferred colleges after a year and never had to get any other shots after her hepatitis b series for college so I can't say. I don't remember being asked about immunizations at my any of my visits.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 7:23 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• What is the recommended length of time a woman should wait after receiving rubella (or MMR) vaccine before becoming pregnant?

Four weeks.

http://www.immunize.org/askexperts/experts_mmr.asp
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I had the MMR Booster three times. Oye Vey! I know what you mean. But it is not necessary to tell the Dr. unless it has been given to you just recently. The Dr. doesn't ask. I had Invitro and had the Fertility Specialist have me do an 18 vile blood work up to check everything prior to starting IVF. He commented and asked if I ever had Measles, Mumps or Rubella because my Antibodies for them were so high in my blood. But that was the only time it came up. BTW I had a healthy little boy!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• It is part of youe Medical History so I guess they would ask. Do you have a shot record?
    Anonymous