I am at a loss!! My poor baby...

My 4 yo has had what appears to be a stomach virus off and on for a week. I haven't taken him to the dr yet b/c they are just gonna tell me it has to run its course. But he woke up again this AM throwing up again! He is still drinking and trying to eat... I just don't understand why it wont go away, he will be sick one day and fine the next!!! I have used about 10 cans of lysol this weeks trying to kill the bacteria! It wont die! I am going to take him to the pediatrician as soon as they open, I need to see if there is ANYTHING they can do or what I am doing wrong... Thank you for letting me vent a little...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Kids' Health

• This happened to my son a few years ago. I wasn't going to take him to see the doctor either, since it was so off and on, and he didn't appear to be dehydrated or anything. My mom finally convinced me to take him in, and all they said was, "It's a stomach virus, he's not dehydrated, sometimes it takes kids longer to shake these things, just give him gatorade." I knew all that already, and could have saved myself a lot of money. But it put my mind at rest, that I was doing the right thing, and it put my mom's mind at ease.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 8:04 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• NOOOOOO!!!!
    Now my 6yo is awake and sick too =(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• My son does that stuff, but, he also has IBS real bad and is known to develop Gastroenteritis always. So, i always take him so he can get a Phenergan shot.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:31 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Thats exactly what both of my boys got this morning. Phenergan shots and they wrote them a prescription for it too.
    Anonymous