Meditation..when do you have time?

Lol. I know with kids and stuff it can be hard. What works for you? I am just looking for some ideas. I know meditation can mean many things for the indvidiual and for me it is my time to refocus my energy and clear my mind.

Asked by WonderWoman1979 at 8:40 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do it on days I get up before my daughter (less rare now that I'm having trouble sleeping due to pregnancy), or I do it when my husband is home (sometimes in the morning, sometimes in the evening).

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:42 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Oh, and just wanted to add, I am not able to do it every day, and I think that's fine. You just do what you can :)

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:43 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• thanks sweetie :)

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• At 6:00 AM I say the Angelus and the St. Michael Chaplet. At noon the Angelus  again and the rosary with the readings of the day. At 3:00 PM the Divine Mercy Chaplet. If I have to work then the Rosary and readings get pushed up to 6:00 PM. The morning is my favorite because it sets the tone of my day. I love the meditative prayers because they allow me to reflect and recenter myself throughout the day.

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:53 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I meant to add that with my brood and all the chaos that goes on here. I make the time or I would go absolutely loony. A happy mom is a happy family. Or so I keep telling myself.

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• haha no you are right oldermom :0 I usually do morning but my son seems to get up before i do lol

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 8:58 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I practice zen meditation (of the Thich Nhat Hanh variety), so I can do it anytime, anywhere :)

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• While they are sleeping!

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:24 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• at night cause i am NOT a morning person and my DD wakes me up (getting up before her is too hard for me). i meditate to release the tensions of the day, so it wouldnt really work in the morning anyways. i got my DH into meditation and its really helped get the house quiet enough, plus i can do it in the living room now.

but before that i meditated in the shower. the running water always helps realign my thoughts.

Answer by okmanders at 9:50 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I have time for sitting meditation after the kids go to bed at night. During the day, I just try to practice mindfulness- to be aware of what I am doing while I am doing it.

Answer by Freela at 9:56 AM on Jun. 8, 2010